Monday, September 6, 2010

One of Them

Any night, around ten or eleven PM, take yourself to a flat, open area where you can walk in a straight line for two minutes or so without running into anything. Once there, face in the direction you plan to walk, with your arms at your sides and your hands relaxed. Close your eyes and take a deep breath. At precisely 11:09 and 20 seconds, start walking. Be sure to take one step every second - no more, no less. Do not open your eyes, and do not hesitate. Count your steps in your head as you go. On the one hundred and eleventh step, say the word, "One," out loud and stop.

Your breath will catch in your throat and your hair will stand on end. For the next ten seconds, you will be unable to move a single muscle in your body, no matter how hard you try. After these ten seconds, you will be able to move and breathe again - however, you will then start to feel the sensation of cold, metal claws seizing each of your fingers by the base and plucking them clean off of your hand. It will not hurt. You will surely be horrified, but do not open your eyes and do not move. If you move or open your eyes, all that anyone will ever find of you is your two fingerless hands, severed cleanly at the wrist.

Once the claws have stopped and all of your fingers have been plucked off, stay still for another ten seconds. It may help to count. After these ten seconds have passed, you may open your eyes. You will find that your fingers are still quite firmly attached to your hands. Go home immediately, and go directly to bed. Speak to no one for the rest of the night, and enter no building that you do not consider your home.

The next day, you will have become One of Them. Once per day, as long as there is even a sliver of sunlight, you may point at someone and speak the word, "One." That night, he will face the same trial that you faced. If you see that person the next day, you will know that he, too, has become One of Them. If not, then do not be alarmed if you do not feel hungry the rest of the day.

11 comments:

  1. I attempted this last night, but because of my sister being a giant nusence I didn`t do it correctly, I broke almost all rules exept the time to start. I also did it inside, becease there is about a foot af snow outside and my neghbors would of thought I looked pretty weird. So I went to bed (after having to talk to people) and when I woke up thi morning I noticed something strange, scars all over my arms. On my right arm there are: one scare at my wrist, a scar at the middle of me arm,and a series of small bums around the middle scar. On my left: A scar in the at the same place as my other middle scar but larger and two small scars on the back of my arm. I wonder if i`m accepted, to make sure I`m going to do it again tonight. but I better not mess up , I think the scars are only a warning. Note: This is true, no I did not have the scars before, and no they arn`t just marks, I still have them an hour later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damon dude! But if u failed wouldn't your fingers be cut off. Think about that before u tell the lie!

      Delete
  2. That's pretty weird Konner.
    Thought about trying this-no flat spaces though :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. so what happened, Konner?

    and did you really feel the claws???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anyone else think of Teleport Alpha from Earthbound when they read the first sentence? >_>

    ReplyDelete
  5. What if you pick more than one person for the night? If they all fail, do you feel sick from overfeed?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to try this, but due to the other pasta on this site, I'm scared shitless of open plains.

    ReplyDelete
  7. maybe a fraternity ritual??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does becoming "One Of Them" come with any health benefits?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that, since the ritual implies you becoming a werewolf, you get some damn good health care, sad thing though is you're gonna have to pay a shit load of meat products.

      Delete
  9. I'm kinda scared to do this.
    Though, I'm daring to try.
    BUT, my mom told me not to do things off the internet.
    Damn.

    ReplyDelete