Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Alone?

I sit up with a jolt, disorientated.

If it weren't for the sensation of my eyelids coming together to shield my eyes, I would not be able to determine whether or not they were open. The inky blackness presses in from all angles, suffocating me.

You'd think after all the time I've spent trapped in this murky prison I'd have adjusted. No, it's still quite a shock to be released from the depths of unconsciousness, only to be greeted by an infinite plain of shadows.

I glance around, looking for something, some object from long ago that will reassure me. I need to know some of my old world still remains.

Nothing.

I'm alone.

A white light flashes to the left of my... vision, if it can be called that. I ignore it. I've come to realise that its only purpose is to generate hope of this blanket of soot lifting.

I hear a creak -- a door opening.

"Cath, you’d better get up. We’re leaving for Granddad’s house in about an hour. Start getting ready, ok?"

I sigh. "Yeah, alright."

Oh, and your cane and shades are in the kitchen, near the bird cage.

I sigh again.

(This story is credited to a person called VendettaVixen.)

19 comments:

  1. It's a reference to the hell that blind peoople have to go through everyday, hence the cane and shades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one, also I'm glad to see new posts. Keep them coming ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GRRRRR! Disorientated is not a real word. Just say disoriented! Grrrr Rawrrr! That minor annoyance aside, not bad. Not necessarily creepy but nifty nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So your inner dictionary OCD is going mental as well?

      Delete
  4. Not creepy, but well written and extremely sad once you realize. Really liking this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A holy church, rings, a bouquet, a 3-floor wedding cake, lace wedding dress
    champagne, and the moving promise “ I do”, make up the happiest moment in one’s life. Then it is the wedding.
    lace wedding gowns
    A gorgeous wedding dress has been inside a girl’s dream since she was five years old. It is widely said that the bride is the most beautiful woman all over the world.
    Bridal gowns vary in different parts of the world. For example, cheap wedding dresses plus sizein traditional Chinese culture, the color red is regarded for centuries as the symbol of good luck; while in the Occident, wedding dresses 2012 a full-length white wedding dress is always associated with romance and sanctity. But, with the globalization, wedding dresses tend to be alike in the whole world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't get me wrong I like these newer pastas but why are they getting so deep and meaningful? :o I miss the ones we know can't possibly be true but still terrify us ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Come the fuck on, another fucking moral pasta shit? Fuck you inunah. Fuck you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What exactly is the moral in this one?

      Delete
    2. Where's the moral? Care to explain to us? I guess someone's a bit assmad because there's no shock factor in this pasta.

      Delete
  8. ^ Y u so mad tho?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm the one who wrote this. It's not supposed to have a moral at all.
    I'm actually blind in real life, and just thought I'd try writing a pasta about it.
    It's alright if you don't like it, Anon, but just so you know, there is no moral. It's literally just a blind girl waking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wtf, how are you blind IRL while reading and writing on the internets?

      Delete
    2. @ the Anonymous above me
      Text to speech programs exist...

      Delete
  10. i expected this to be something else when i first started reading it. the plot twist was very refreshing

    ReplyDelete
  11. When buying and selling, commonly double-check the items/gold he's providing. Accept the trade window # 1, and then you'll be managed to move about the Trade window number 2. Throughout the trade window amount 2, you'll see every thing in clear depth. Make sure all the things is right, and then click on on Accept, to finalize your trade.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're not purchasing a touchscreen technology. Windows Eight is all about contact. When you kick off this, the outlet monitor is a bit program. Indeed, countless uses for flash cheap windows 8 key having a computer mouse button or perhaps touchpad, but it is made to cause you to automatically want to tap into using the pc screen, and even swipe it. With no touchscreen display screen Windows 7 Anytime Upgrade Key, reasons behind replacing an old technique or perhaps investing in a computer using Glass windows 8-10 dwindle powerful.

    ReplyDelete