Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Woman Who Lived Next Door

On the morning of April 13th, 2004, police were called to a house on the outskirts of a small village in central England by neighbors who had heard a sound that had chilled them to the bone: a single strangled scream with an abrupt cut-off.

They knew little about the woman who lived next door, only the rumors they had heard in the village shop and over the bar of the Black Lion pub on the corner. They had heard that she had moved to village to escape her memories: her daughter had been gone for several weeks before she would believe what the police had been telling her, but still her mind shied away from the truth and she kept the room ready for her return, the bed made and toys laid out; every morning she would run to the room half expecting to see her lying there, teddy bear in her arms and a sleepy smile on her face as she awoke.

After her husband left her, torn apart by grief and his wife's slowly slipping grip on sanity, her family had bought her the new home, wanting to give her a chance at a life, a new start.

She had been living there for 3 months now, but had never spoken to anyone. She hardly left the house; in fact, groceries were delivered and left on the porch and she would scurry out, pale and disheveled, avoiding the eyes of any who might look her way.

When the police broke the door down and went inside what they found was to put more than half of the village bobbies into psychiatric care so that they could sleep again. The worst thing of all was not the contents of the house, it was the contents of the camera lying on the floor in a pool of blood.....

This was the last photo that camera ever took...


28 comments:

  1. HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT.

    THIS IS THE WORLDS SCARRIEST IMAGE. I HAVE NEVER SHAT SO MANY FUCKING BRICKS. BRICKS ARE JUST SPEWING OUT OF MY ASS RIGHT NOW SPEWING. OUT. OF. MY. ASS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY FUCKING SHITTING DAMN GOD.
    I JUST SHITTED BRICKS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, god damn. Wasn't expecting that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NIGHTMARES FOREVER

    FOREVER

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol

    with all those comments I've just read... the fear in me went kaputs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, I wasn't expecting that pic. Now I have a 12' inch bowie knife by my side... I shat brix and must now clean them uo O.o

    ReplyDelete
  7. i made a dollhouse with my bricks =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jesus Christ!! I usually scroll to the end of the story to see how long it is before I start reading. I scrolled down and almost had a heart attack!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HO-LEE SHIT i shat like whole castles because of the picture

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha. I got that picture in one of those lame-ass cellphone chain mails YEARS ago. If it didn't scare a 13 year old girl...

    Nice story though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a really ugly, obvious shop. If it didn't look do bad I might have even been slightly amused.

    ReplyDelete
  12. can u guys check out my stories?

    http://goopking.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. the pic isnt loading for me Q.Q

    ReplyDelete
  14. With this in mind,Eden Eternal
    Eden Eternal Gold
    Eden Eternal Review,a good idea to go look for yourself. How is this, I hear you ask? By the simple process of networking.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woah... So many bricks O.o

    ReplyDelete
  16. The picture didn't scare me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lol i went to the bathroom and read this on my tablet. Shortest craping time ever

    ReplyDelete
  18. ^LOL anyway didnt scare me in the least it looked more like a kids halloween costume than anything else to me XD

    ReplyDelete
  19. That picture is so hot.

    XD

    ReplyDelete
  20. As soon as i started scrolling down i saw the top half of the picture and covered it with my hand so i can scroll down...then i took my hand away....BIG mistake.my brother says the picture is NOT scary and i just scare easily because i am a girl.I will show him the scary maze later and then we will see who scares easily.;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. HOLY SHIT Many Bricks!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Isnt that picture from that website you go to, to upload yer pic and make yerself into a zombie?

    ReplyDelete