Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Upstairs

When I was a child, I lived in a rented two-floor house. Both of my parents worked, so I was often alone when I came home from school. One early evening, when I came home, the house was still dark. I called out, "Mum," and heard a voice say, "Yeeeeeees," from upstairs.

I called my mum again, and again got the same, "Yeeeeeeeeeeeeees," reply. I felt she was calling back at me and climbed up the stairs.

When I reached the first floor, I called once more and the voice, "Yeeeeeees," came from the furthest room. I felt uneasy, but I had a strong urge to see my mother, so I started to walk towards the room.

Just that moment, I heard the front door open downstairs and my mother came in, carrying a lot of shopping bags. "Sweetie, are you home," my mother called in a cheery voice. Hearing her voice made me feel instantly better and I turned back to go downstairs at once...but not before I had a quick glance towards the room. While I watched from the top of the stairs, the door to the room slowly opened a crack.

For a brief moment, I saw something strange in there.

A pale face, staring at me.

17 comments:

  1. I'd like to see this concept expanded upon. The 'Yeeeees' was creepy as hell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I definitely agree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BUT WHO WAS BLOG ADMINISTRATOR??!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha good times- wait mom you look kinda funny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Id pull out a pistol, yell Nooo! and shoot it in the face. Maybe by yeees it was masturbating and didnt want to be embarrassed.
    Maybe your just insane. Maybe were all insane, maybe pedo bear was atching you, maybe I was watching you. Who knows...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't feel relieved if I heard my mum from downstairs, I would freak out because I knew the "Yeeees" wasn't coming from her xD

    ReplyDelete
  9. CLASSIC.

    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

    ReplyDelete
  10. Then she melted, SERIOUSLY, SHE MELTED!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This reminds me a lot of a story I read in one of those (in)famous Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark books with the Gammell illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's that guy from The Simpsons that always goes "yeeeeeees"!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Runnnnn its jeff the killerrrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete