Monday, October 31, 2011

Memory Card

A few weeks ago, my parents were driving up to see my cousins. We always visit them during the summer. On the way there, we drove through a little village. Some church by the road was having a car boot sale. A massive banner told us it was in aid of charity.

My dad parked the car and got out, eager to have a little sniff around. He always had a thing for raking through people's old stuff and finding hidden treasures. While he was off treasure hunting, I decided to go off on my own little wander.

Most of the stuff on sale was the usual crap: cakes, ugly crockery, junk, etc. Someone was holding a raffle. An old woman was painting kids' faces, but only seemed to know how to do one animal; there were zebra-faced kids everywhere.

I remember a couple standing out over all the happiness and sense of community. There was just a man and a woman with dead eyes taking no interest in their customers at all. All they did was just stare into the distance.

Their table was full of kids junk. You know - toys, magazines, crap Playstation games, the usual. There were a lot of those Army Men games. A few sports games, as well. I reckon I missed all the good stuff.

I was losing interest when I spotted an old Playstation memory card out of the corner of my eye. Written on the front in chipped Tipp-Ex was the name SAM. Now this was a real hidden treasure. I bought it from the couple and tucked it into my wallet. Neither said a word or looked at me when they took my money.

After that, I found my parents once more. Eventually, we got back in the car and were once again on our way to my cousins' house. We stayed there for a few days. I enjoy hanging out with my cousins, so I was quick to forget about my purchase. In addition, neither had a Playstation, so it didn't matter anyway.

When I got back home, I retrieved my old Playstation from the attic and set it up. I had kept quite a few games, too. I had all the classics: Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Tomb Raider, Metal Gear Solid, Future Cop, etc.

However, before I played any of them, I turned on the console without a disc in. I remembered you could do this to check out the contents of your memory card. I stuck Sam's into the slot and selected it.

There were a few save files on it. Some of them were corrupt - just strange symbols hanging there that displayed a strange series of characters instead of details. Others were games I had never heard of.

However, there was one I recognized: Metal Gear Solid. It was the VR Missions disc, to be precise. It said it had been completed 100%. I had both Metal Gear Solid and the VR Missions, so I decided to check it out.

I could remember quite a bit about the VR Missions disc, but the parts that stuck out for me the most were the giant soldiers, the murder mysteries, and the photo shoot mode. I remembered they were actually a lot of fun. I booted the game up.

When I loaded the save, something odd happened: the title music stopped. This sounded especially weird because I had turned up the volume on my TV so I could get right into the game, but there I was, suddenly plunged into silence.

On top of that, there were no sound effects as I scrolled through the menu options. It was a little eerie, but I chalked it up to the game or the console being old and worn out.

I remembered you could wait for Naomi's legs to uncross to take a photo in photo shoot mode and there was nothing there except a black space where a pussy should have been. It was a little empty void left by the creators to disappoint a million pubescent kids. Amused, I loaded up photo shoot mode and selected Naomi as my model.

When the level loaded, I remember thinking the music sounded a little strange. It was nothing eerie, just a little odd. Maybe it was slightly slowed down or something. AGain, I chalked it up to either the game or the console's old age.

I made Snake duck down and looked through the viewfinder, staring at Naomi's crotch and waiting for her to uncross her legs. I was determined to get that snap that had destroyed my perverted hopes and dreams all those years ago.

It took longer than I thought and the first time it happened, I missed it. Waiting again, I almost missed a second time. Luckily, my reflexes had been sharpened by generations of gaming.

Click. Gotcha! A perfect snap of the little black zone where her pussy should have been. I smiled to myself and shook my head. It was funny that I had gotten so excited over something all those years ago.

I was getting a little hungry, so I decided to take a break. I was just about to head downstairs for some food when I noticed something.

I could hear crying. There were little sniffles and short intakes of breath. At first, I had no idea where it was coming from. For a moment I noticed it was behind me. Then I realised it was coming from the game.

I remember getting confused, sitting there to listen to some voice coming from my TV speakers. I just couldn't work out why it was happening. It started getting louder and a little more hysterical. I figured it was coming from Naomi. I tilted the camera upwards, wondering what the fuck was going on. Just as I got to her face, a horrible wail tore from my speakers and scared the shit out of me.

Naomi was screaming at me. I just had time to register her twisted mouth and horrible eyes when I gasped and dropped the controller. It landed on the ground on a button and the game came out of viewfinder mode.

Snake was just kneeling there in front of her. I stood there, shaking, watching the characters seem to stare at one another. I could no longer see Naomi's face. I couldn't tell if she still had that horrible look across it. There was no one in my house. My parents were both still at work. I jumped forward and turned the console off.

A little while later, I was lying on my bed thinking about that horrible face when it dawned on me that the characters in the game don't actually have eyes, just a darker shade of pixels.

Their mouths never opened, either. They just nodded their heads whenever they talked. Naomi's mouth, however, had been twisted open and her eyes were almost photo realistic. What the fuck?

After a while, I convinced myself I had imagined the horrible details. You always do in situations like that. It was just some lame kid's save that he had someone fucked with and managed to scare the shit out of me with. I wondered what else he had managed to do to VR Missions.

Later that night, when I my parents were home, I finally got the nerve to turn the console back on. I selected photo shoot mode and chose Naomi as my model again.

When the level loaded, I knew right away that something was wrong. The stage was empty except for Snake. Naomi was nowhere to be seen. There was no music, either. It was just like the title screen. I ran around a little and the footsteps sounded louder than they should have been. They sounded real, too, like high-quality sound effects recorded in a great hall.

The whole thing was a little unnerving, but I kept telling myself that it was just some whiz kid's stupid experiment. Still, I couldn't shake the horrible sensation that something else was at play.

There was nothing on the stage except Snake. I decided to look through the camera's viewfinder again, to scan the level for, well, anything. Panning around, I realised that all those graphics that usually floated in the background were gone. All of that scrolling information wasn't there. The level was just floating in a black, silent abyss.

Still panning, I suddenly spotted something in the distance: a vague shape in the darkness. Before I could focus on what it was, it was gone. I had no idea what I had saw, but it reminded me of one of those ghosts from Metal Gear Solid you could see if you took photographs in the right places.

However, you could only see them when you left the game and examined the photos in the in-game photo album. They had been really creepy. I remember when I was a kid, I stopped looking for them because one had scared the shit out of me.

Still facing that horrible abyss, I took a photo roughly in the space I thought I saw something. I turned around and started talking photos all around me, a few being where Naomi was supposed to be standing. I left the game afterward. I was relieved to get out of that horrible place.

The menu still wasn't playing any music. There still were no sound effects when I scrolled through, either. I loaded up the photo album and began to shuffle through the pictures.

The first one was of the abyss that surrounded the level, or at least I think that's what it was. It was just a black image with no features. There were a few more like this, too. I remembered you could mess with the colors and contrast, so I played around with it, hoping I would see something. Nothing materialized.

Eventually, I gave up. I scrolled across to the next image - the first shot of where Naomi should have been standing. What I was faced with was something completely different.

It was a picture of a little boy, tied up against a bed. It wasn't an in-game photo, but a real one. It was a real boy on a real bed with real ropes. The picture was slightly pixellated, but nothing compared to the low-resolution of the game. Just at the edge of the picture, I could make out a leg. Someone was standing by the bedside.

Something told me to turn the game off. Something darker told me to scroll to the next photo. I listened to the latter. The next photo made my stomach jump. Gloved hands were holding the boy's eyes open. They were forcing him to look at something off-camera. The boy's expression ws of absolute terror. A part of me was glad I couldn't see what he saw.

I continued scrolling. They were torturing him now - cutting open his skin and mutilating him in ways I won't describe. The photos only became more and more disturbing, never letting up. Each one was worse than the last. They violated him and tortured his young body. I'd never seen anything like it. I never knew humans were capable of such acts.

My body was shaking and my hands could barely hold onto the controller, but I kept scrolling through the pictures. I was unable to stop myself.

I came to another image. I was relieved to see it was no longer of the boy. This relief, however, was short-lived. I squinted at the screen, wondering what exactly I was looking at.

Then it hit me. My insides did a little wet flip and I froze. I dropped the controller again, no buttons being pressed when it hit the floor this time. I was staring at the image, mouthing "what the fuck" to myself over and over. I stayed like that for a while, my body completely functionless as I gaped at the screen.

It was a shot of Naomi with her legs uncrossed. It was the very first photo I had taken after switching on the game. It was the photo that had started this horrible journey. Now, however, I could actually see her pussy. It was a real image of a pussy - not pixelated or anything. It was just sitting right in front of me in incredible detail.

If I were still a teenager, I'm sure I would have been delighted that all my hard work had paid off. I'm pretty sure every kid who tried getting a photo of her snatch back then would have felt the same, especially when compared to the black void that too many of us actually faced. However, I was far from aroused in this situation.

I noticed the pussy was moving, pulsing with every breath as though I was watching a movie instead of an image. It was like some voyeur's spy cam or something and it was squelching.

As I sat there, speechless, blood slowly seeped from the inside, dribbling over her lips and legs and spreading fast. When her pussy was completely caked in red, Naomi finally began to move her body. She was slowly leaning down towards the camera. I really didn't want to see her face, but I couldn't look away.

Then she was screaming and staring at me with those horrible eyes and twisted mouth. She wasn't looking at the camera, but at me. I screamed back before she lunged.

Out of nowhere, I found strength. I watched as my arm shot out from my body and hit the power button. Her scream cut short. The screen went blank. I tore the memory card from its slot and held it as though it was some potent drug. I realised I was breathing heavily. I kept staring at the name SAM in white Tipp-Ex as my lungs gradually relaxed. I never plugged it back in.

That was the last time I ever played VR Missions. I still have the memory card in my drawer, but I daren't open it. A part of me wants to bind the damn thing, but the other part won't let me.

Maybe one day I'll give it another go, just to see how messed up the rest of the game is. Perhaps I'll buy some of the other games and see how fucked up Sam's saves for them are. Maybe I'll try to figure out what games those other, corrupt saves are for. Maybe.

But for now...well...the memory card can stay in that drawer until I'm ready.

54 comments:

  1. aaaaaaaaaaaargh are you serious?! More photorealism and blood -.- There's got to be a better way to write pasta. 6.5/10

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not too fond of this kind of concept to be honest. Well written regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO! STOP! TOO MANY OF THESE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, WAY too many of these. However, it was kinda interesting. 4/10.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best one of the 'photo-realism in games' concept I've seen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agreed. Not entirely fond of this concept but this was well written and executed interestingly.

      Delete
  6. Too many of these... I've grown tired of this pasta.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously, way too many video game pastas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i enjoy these pastas it seems like im the only one that does its the reason i bookmarked this site please post more inu

    ReplyDelete
  9. As for how "photorealistic torture haunted game/card" pastas go, this was alright, but I was seriously turned off of the mood when he stared talking about the chicks vagina. It seemed completely unnecissary and kind of ruined it the story for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "I saw an old PS memory card and thought it was awesome" ruined it for me. It was all right, I guess. The protagonist was slightly less retarded than normal (well, slightly more realistic in terms of curiosity and such) but photorealism? Images of child torture? Meh. Just meh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A MGS creepypasta? Knock it off, okay. LoZ was creepy because it was already a creepy sort of game and it was a fond part of many people's childhoods, but MGS is already M rated and I don't think that there is any way to make it very scary. Please stop with this garbage.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "And he became a man that day, watching as virtual Naomi became a woman that day..."

    ReplyDelete
  13. Am I the only person who assumed that the kid being horribly mutilated was Sam, and that the person/s torturing him were his parents?

    Also, this pasta would've been better if the talk about Naomi's crotch were cut down. Just one or two lines about how the main character wanted to jokingly re-live an adolescent memory would've been enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, i thought the same about the sam thing, and i completely agree about the pussy thing.

      Delete
    2. Naomi's pussy should've been the punchline.
      That shit would've been hilarious.

      Delete
  14. This was terrible.... end of story...

    ReplyDelete
  15. God, that was boring.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Uhhh.... Inunah, you're gettin' SOFT, man, COME ON. I love video game creepypasta and was about o write some of my own when i saw you weren't accepting (btw HOW DID THIS GET IN THEN?!!?) and also, WAY too M rated and stupid. Knew the memory card was special? come on, it's almost as bad as the short and boring sonic the hedgehog, photorealistic Eggman (not Genocide City, that one was good.) Get some classics in here!!! Also, you should update BlameTruth's stuff.... but keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ewww that was so bad. Way too underdeveloped. It was interesting at first and then he was like ~tortured boy!!!~ and i was like omfg stop.
    it's way too short. There isn't anything else about the weird parents he bought the card from? or like... just... eesh.

    Very undercooked pasta and the sauce is cold.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Please tell me I just did not read a Story about Naomi's period! Are you serious!? This is a new low...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Snake? SNAKE? SSNNNAAAAAKKKEEEEEE???!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. BUT WHO WAS PUSSY?

    I want to smack the author with a dictionary. Would it kill you to just call it a vagina?

    "Herp derp, what do you call lady parts again? Pussy, pussy, pussy, pussy -- oh, yeah, and snatch! -- pussy, pussy. And done, annnd send! Awww yeah, I am a WRITER."

    ReplyDelete
  21. Apparently the VR in VR Missions stands for "Very Raunchy!"

    ReplyDelete
  22. boy wtf possessed you to follow up "tortured child" with "ZOMG REAL VAGINA" in your story?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wait, the ending...
    does that mean Naomi mutilates young boys when she's PMSing?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Maybe Naomi needs to spend more time on the crapper. Whoever wrote this pasta needs to spend more time with their mind outside the gutter.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow seriously? Am I the only one who enjoyed this and was actually creeped out by it?
    Very well done. Ignore pretty much 99% of the comments board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In most cases, "ignore pretty much 99% of the comments board" are words I live by, but in this case I have to agree with the 99%.

      I'd be a lot more forgiving of the story's other faults if the writer were less obsessed with Naomi's vagina. Using it as a hook (mentioning how he tried to catch a glimpse of it as a boy and so tried to do it again just for grins) might have been forgivable, but the fact that he proceeded to spend the entire story talking about it (with his charmingly limited vocabulary) was just needlessly offensive and turned me off the whole story.

      Delete
    2. Think about what you'd like to do with the bike. Will it be strictly for exercise and recreation?
      For long-distance touring? For off-road riding? Would carbon MTB frameyou like to get into racing?
      If you are shopping for your first bike and don't know exactly what sort of biking activity you'll enjoy most,
      it's best to get a versatile bike, such as a hybrid, that is suited for a number of different kinds of riding.
      Remember though, while hybrids are good for 26 wheel mountain bikegeneral use, their middle-of-the-road design means
      they won't be as well-suited for any one purpose as a bike designed specifically for that type of riding.
      For instance, hybrid wheels are apt to warp if subjected to the rigors of the trail.
      For that reason, many riders find mountain bikes even more versatile than hybrids.
      As you discover what kind of riding you like best, you may bicycle racing wheelswant to trade up for a bicycle more closely designed for one specific activity,
      whether it be touring, racing, or mountain biking.
      Or if you find you like them all, you may decide to splurge and get a separate bike for each type of riding.
      This will cost you a lot more, of course, but ysbike01 it will also best satisfy you when it comes to riding comfort and efficiency.
      No matter what kind of bike you get, be prepared to care for it properly so that you can enjoy it as long as possible.
      There are hundreds of reputable carbon wheelsbicycle manufacturers—large and small—to choose from.
      Usually, though, a bike's brand name is not as important as the makers of its individual parts.
      After all, a large percentage of bike frames are made in Japan or China and sold to U.S. companies who simply put their name on them.
      And as large American companies consolidate the industry by buying out smaller bike manufacturers,
      brand names are becoming even more confusing and irrelevant.

      Delete
  26. If you follow up the story, it might get interesting

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think if the only follow-up from this author would be the horror of Naomi going into menopause.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think
    ______________
    Sightline Payments Kirk SanfordBingo

    ReplyDelete
  29. kids, that is why u must never be perverts

    btw, it was quite amazing, except for those photo-reealism thingy
    5/10

    ReplyDelete
  30. my penis is hard now

    ReplyDelete
  31. A great presentation. Very open and enlightening.You have attractively presented your concept in this webpage blog post.An offbeat from tradition and formality. mermaid wedding dresses are relatively less considered compared with common cascading ones. Yet there’s always a need to break away from the norm for a little while. Amber’s tea length wedding dresses favor you an untilled land to show off your talent and philosophy.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow, I just learned a new euphemism for vagina: little black zone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. "I never knew humans were capable of such acts." And then I was sad cause the story was ruined. Even kids watch the news and know about serial killers, especially gamers.

    ReplyDelete
  34. i lost it at the part where her pussy started pulsing oh my god

    ReplyDelete
  35. This sounds like a better story about a kid called ben and Ocarina of Time. For real, go read that. Google it.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Don't have to google it. Ben's on this site.

    ReplyDelete
  37. At first I was interested

    then I took a fap break

    ReplyDelete
  38. I'm so over these "OMG, I went to the flea market/used games section of GameStop and my copy of (insert name of popular game from 13 years ago) is haunted!1!1!1!1!!!!!!!!111111!!!!!!!" Get some new ideas and fast.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Could have been better if he had tried to improve the cliche, saving also in his Naomi's vagina fixation..
    Almost boring..though he has some potential we should admit.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I was disturbed when the person was talking about the girls "Pussy"; what a pervert.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I am new to this stuff but I enjoy creepy pata bit why must u have to have kids being Hurt? I am a new father so it just bothers me. Why not a grown up?

    ReplyDelete
  42. The two main types of braking systems used in bicycles today are caliper brakes and cantilever brakes.
    Both apply pressure on the rim of the wheel carbon MTB frameto stop the bike and are considered rim brakes.
    While calipers have been and continue to be the most common brakes found on bikes,
    the newer cantilevers are stronger and have become more popular in recent years.
    Rim brakes work through a system ysbike01 26 wheel mountain bikeof levers and cables.
    Cables connect the brake levers (located on the handlebars) to the brake arms
    that surround the top of the wheels and are secured to the bicycle racing wheelsfork in front or seat stay in back.
    When the levers are flexed by hand, the cables pull, closing the brake arms around the rims.
    When the levers are released the brakes spring back to their original position.
    The section of the brakes, called the brake pad or brake shoe,
    that comes into contact with the moving rim carbon wheelsis usually made of rubber or leather to maximize the friction needed to stop.
    All other parts of the braking system—arms, cable, and levers—must be rigid
    and precisely positioned to transfer the relatively light force exerted by hands on brake levers
    to the high power needed in the brakes for effective braking.
    Most caliper brakes are sidepull, meaning the cable pulls the two brake arms (one on each side of the rim)
    from the same side of the wheel. Centerpull calipers, which are somewhat out of date and much less common.

    ReplyDelete
  43. There are good reasons to purchase Glass windows 8-10 computer systems, however they are probably just a few personalized personal Cheap Windows 7 Enterprise Key preference. If you are receiving a touchscreen and like the thought of using your pc somewhat which can be much like a capsule, Home windows Eight may be for you. If you'd prefer the notion regarding "live" ceramic tiles in which adjust since brand-new e-mails or Cheap Windows 8 Professional Key even social-network revisions can be found in, you may appreciate the tile software on Home windows 7. We've you covered, using more than endless weeks of frustration advised Glass windows Eight laptops and four desktops.

    ReplyDelete