Monday, June 13, 2011

Black Wind

I don't think a lot of people particularly awaited the release of Wind Waker, seeming as it had cartoon-like graphics. I did. I didn't care about the graphics, if it was a Zelda game, I was going to get it. I wasn't able to buy Wind Waker as soon as it came out due to monetary issues. I would walk by the game in stores over and over and drool on myself for it.

I was driving home from work at Walmart, and I noticed a few yard sales, I didn't stop at any of them, just gawked at them as I drove by, like most people do. I saw the dark and creepy house that I drove by twice daily. I never liked that house. It had spray-painted black windows, and the outside paneling was a faded white color. The house was an old two-story house, one of those that if it was refurbished, it could have been a sight to see.

There was only one table in the front lawn, with only one item on it, and a sign that hung on the table said: "Take what you want". I don't know why I pulled over and walked up to the table for, but once I set my eyes on the item, I had happy butterflies in my stomach. There, on that table, was a retangular item with ducktape on it, and it said: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker in black sharpie across the tape. I ran to my car and pulled out of the drive way and continued my drive home. I probably should have known better than to take that game.

I got home, parked in a hurry, and ran inside, turning on my TV, and my Gamecube. I struggled with getting the tape off the game case, but once I did, I could behold the glory of the casing, just like those at Walmart I'd seen countless times. I opened the case, and it surprised me that the disk was only a black disk, no title, nothing on it. There was a memory card in the card holder, too. I slid the game and memory card into my Gamecube, and the title screen came up.

You could see immediatly this was not the correct Wind Waker opening, even though I never played it before. The sky was pitch black with nothing dotting the black wall. When the animation went down you could see the sea was a sickening red color, just like blood. Where it supposed to say 'Wind Waker' it said 'Black Wind'

Needless-to-say, I hit start as fast as humanly possible, and there was one other save file called "Evra". I erased it so that I could have the File 1 save slot, and I started my adventure naming Link Usagi. I usually kept Link's name, but this time I didn't. The little beginning story popped up, and I read it with excitement, temporarily forgetting the weird title screen. When the story was over, and the animation to take you around Outset Island came up, it definitely wasn't normal.

The sea was red just like in the beginning, the terrain was just red dirt, and burnt-down houses, there was no bridge, no pigs, no crabs, no nothing. No one was there, and there wasn't even the canoes on the shore. When the game moved to your grandma's house, all you could see apart from the ruins, was an arm that was barely visible underneith all the rubble.

The game immediately switched from that island to Windfall, where, I persume, our hero had escaped to by a canoe, since there was one floating a few feet off the shores of the island in the red sea. I could freely control Link around, and this town seemed undamaged from my point on the docks, but the music was not that of Windfalls, but it was a creepy tune.

I ran into the bomb shop that sat on the upraised part of Windfall overlooking a cliff, inside was an open coffin, and when I walked up to it and looked in it, I immediatly wished I hadn't. It was Medli, her eyes were open, but all that there was was two empty eye sockets, and dried up tear stains that had run down her cheeks from when she was still alive and had eyes. Her beak was bent and broken, and her body was torn and bloody.

I ran out of there, feeling sick to my stomach, and ran to where the grave was supposed to be where the Elvis-impersonator was supposed to be dancing. There was no grave or Elvis-like person. Just the Killer Bees. As you got closer, you could see that one was missing and they were standing over something. They were standing over their dead leader, who had a huge chunk of his stomach missing, and his blood was soaking into the other's clothes, as they had blood stains all over them. I ran out to that cove where the King of Red Lions was supposed to be, and found only the old man that would chase you and try to tell you of his missing daughter.

When spoken to, all he said was:

You better run... run... run... HE'll get you... Evra will...

I tried to head his warning, but to no advail, there was no way off this island. After a few more minutes of wildly running around, and trying to ignore dead bodies and people without eyes constantly trying to stare at you, the game seemed to freeze and went to a black screen.

Before I had the chance to push the power button on the Gamecube, a screen popped up, and you were at the Forsaken Fortress, with huge gusts of wind blowing everything around. The enemies would go flying out into the blood red sea. The wind wasn't shown with the normal white curly lines, but with black lines, and a huge cyclone started to head towards the fortress.

I ran into the interior of the fort, and to my intense dismay, there was a person hanging from the cealing, with stab wounds that were steadily dripping blood on the floor. The person was not one that should have ever been in the game. It was a white man, with only pants on, he had longish black hair. The stab wounds on his chest said 'Evra'. and the man who I had presumed was dead, opened his eyes, and the rope holding him to the ceiling snapped.

Link bounced and landed on the floor, trying to recover from falling, the man advanced apon my character, and I was unable to control Link, who just watched as the man walked to him.

The man I persumed to be the 'Evra' the man had talked about, drew out a knife, and the animation cut off to black, and an ear-splitting scream came from the TV. I turned the game off, and I threw the game into a garbage can, and set wood into the can, and set it on fire. I will never forget this hacked and twisted version of Wind Waker.

33 comments:

  1. Looks like BEN Drowned.

    1/10

    ReplyDelete
  2. The music was not that of Windfall

    If you've never played it before, how would you know?
    Not bad, but I've seen better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. are you kidding? dis is poopy story lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the wind waker...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enough with those Zelda stories!!!!

    They're getting boring, and are mostly rip-offs from better stories

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss_Elle... You do realize I need more Zelda stories, right? And besides, these stories are great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. old subject is old

    how many Zelda stories are there, and how many different ones can be made out of this series?

    They WERE great, now it's just old news

    ReplyDelete
  8. How would you know Medli, Tott (Elvis guy), the Killer Bees, or any of Outset's details if you hadn't played it before?

    Overall, crappy pasta. 3/10 just cuz it's about Wind Waker.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's just too many of the Zelda stories. It's getting so boring that I spent this entire story thinking, 'Yeah right, the Gamecube can't have graphics that detailed.'

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anon, Resident Evil 4 was originally for the GC and superior to the PS2 and PC versions and your saying that the GC can't have graphics that detailed? pfft... anyways... the story was alright. 7/10

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! So I found a copy of Legend of Zelda, right? But there was something wrong! REALISTIC GORE EVERYWHERE! I was all scared and stuff and it just got worse and worse. Then Link was deads and the game went black. The end.

    ^ Every Zelda pasta on this site.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This story was pretty bad, inspired by BEN obviously. Originality would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this way.....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow. Utter crap. Should be tagged with "Nightmare Retardant".

    Plot holes, cliche shit, bad grammar. Boring.

    It looks written by 13 year old as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shitty version of Majora.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally jads arg. old yard sale creepy house zelda crappy game disk/cartridge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It would be a 5/10 if the spelling errors weren't so terrible.
    3/10

    ReplyDelete
  18. The problem is that GC uses memory cards, not saved on the game.

    N1C3 TRY, D4V3.

    ReplyDelete
  19. AND THEN I SET IT ON FIRE. :O lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really? You could try not to copy the EXACT same beginning of Jadusable's story. C'mon. Have some creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lesson learned: Don't buy any Zelda games from random garage sales.

    ReplyDelete
  22. i'll give you a 2/10 instead of a 1/10 because the title "black wind" is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  23. this story is a failure....stupid girl,get some creativity and never copy BEN DROWNED

    ReplyDelete
  24. LAME!!you could have atleast mentioned that you got the game somewhere else.... like offline, or a used game store, cmon anything, dont copy ben, and you needed to atleast mention getting a memory card with it. stupid horse...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did say that a card came with it. "I opened the case, and it surprised me that the disk was only a black disk, no title, nothing on it. There was a memory card in the card holder, too." I don't see how you all missed that...

      Delete
  25. Found nothing interesting, it was based on a save file like Majora's ben drowned, and its always:blood,dead bodies,eyeless,wounds,and etc. 2/10

    ReplyDelete
  26. Stop Trolling, Everyone. You do notice that this could easily be true, That It's not impossible to hack a Game Cube game, right? It's possible to know a lot about the game through reviews, previews, and pictures. Plus, I agree with Inunah, these stories are great.

    ReplyDelete
  27. It was worth a shot and I liked thus story a little but with so many flaws it was bad. I like your other stories. Nice try, if you gave this story a few days work patched up the flaws and edited it, this could really be a good story. 7/10 nice try it's hard to redo an original.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I thought the story was pretty decent, i mean it was really similar to Jadusable's Majora story but i don't really mind, there were definately some flaws to the story but overall it was interesting, so i would give this a 6/10. but i still wouldn't call this a bad story

    ReplyDelete
  29. This honestly scared the living crap out of me. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very clichéd, spooky game gotten from a spooky garage sale. Plus, how did you know who Medli was, who the Killer Bees were, where the King of Red Lions was supposed to be, and what Windfall Island's music is supposed to be if you had never played the game beforehand? You never mentioned any walkthroughs, so that explanation won't work. 4/10

    ReplyDelete