Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Knocking on the Door

(THERE WERE A LOT OF IMAGES AND I DECIDED TO USE THE IMAGESHACK EMBED PLAYER TO PUT THEM UP HERE. SOMEHOW IT DIDN'T WORK. BRB.)

When I was about twelve, my friend Kayla told me her parents had bought a second house in Sommerville, Texas and a few weeks later, she invited me along. It was a small neighborhood, so her parents had bought a golf cart to travel to their neighbors if needed, and a lot of people had them, so it seemed liked a good idea.

One day, we charged it up and headed out with a sack lunch, determined to find a nice park or picnic spot. Kayla’s parent’s had gotten the golf cart for her birthday, June 21st. So we had mostly been swimming and we hadn’t seen much of the neighborhood, but now it was a crisp December weekend, we had our cardigans on and were expecting to find something interesting.

I grabbed my camera I had brought with me and we headed out. We drove into a secluded part of the neighborhood we hadn’t noticed before and were horrified at what we saw... and smelled. It smelled, to say the least, like dog shit. We covered our nose but were determined to keep going. Then we saw it, I turned on my camera and took several pictures.



We got up super close (still holding our noses) and the dogs were laying on something; we couldn’t tell what it was. Then the neighbor came out, his eyes that creepy blue like in horror movies and his face written in pain. His eyes locked on mine and he was hobbling towards us on his cane as fast as he could. Kayla screamed and sped away; all I could remember were those horrible blue eyes, burned into my skull.

As I try to remember those blue eyes I get a massive headache. But I must continue. We drove and drove for about thirty more minutes in silence until we were deep in the neighborhood. It was now getting really cloudy and I was about suggest to go home when suddenly, the golf cart broke down. The charge should have lasted about 8 more hours and the battery was fine.

It took us awhile but we finally managed to push it to the side of the road as to not abstruct passing cars. Kayla took the key and walkie-talkie that we had in case we needed help, (signal wasn’t so good out there) but it was dead too. She turned it on and off but it wouldn’t let us talk, we could only hear the other side, what her mom would have been saying.

She put the walkie talkie in her pocket and banged her head against the steering wheel, and stayed like that for a good four minutes. I sat next to her, just staring at something up ahead in the road.

“Kayla.” I said, shaking her shoulder, telling her to lift her head. She lifted her head and her orange hair whipped my face as a gust of wind hit us from behind, it was so hard I turned to see if the wind brought something else, like a piece of cardboard or maybe wood. But there was nothing behind me, so I faced Kayla again.

“What’s that?” She asked, looking straight ahead where I had. She got out of the golfcart and I followed her.

“I- I don’t know, it looks like-“ She shushed me as we were close to it. It was a broken mirror. I attatched a lot of pictures of the mirror, and I took so many because it had writing on it, I took pictures of some of the writing but here is all of what it said. (misspellings included)

“Derek James Cotton!! You are so lame, Steven says your a fagget, (unintelligible) Dick, Derek is Gay, You suck a big cock. Derek, Steven, Loues + Kacy”



By now, we were pretty freaked, but only kind of. Why would someone leave a mirror here? What we thought happened was the mirror must have fallen out of the back of the truck, but wouldn’t you here it and go back to clean up the mess? Another thing we were shoving into the back of our mind was maybe it was there on purpose. That whoever put it there meant to, or maybe they smashed it and just dumped it there.

We tested our theory with a piece of glass, we figured it didn’t just drop because when we threw the glass in the street as hard as we could; it didn’t break until hit it against the ground a few times. It also looked like this Derek fellow, or perhaps someone else, had smashed the mirror before dumping it here, as the frame and cork that held it up behind it, was hanging on by the glue, which was pretty new looking despite being dry and crumbling.

We tried to think reasonably but we kept thinking that Derek did this, and we had to find Derek. Kayla asked what we should do; I said we should clear the glass so as not to cause any cars tire’s to pop. We quickly picked up the pieces of glasses we broke and put it in the ditch next to the mirror. We headed back towards the golf cart but realized it was fucking pointless considering it was broken down and we had no way of getting home or communicating.

“Why don’t we knock on someone’s door?” I asked, but then I realized, besides the house with the dogs and the horrible stench and the man with the blue eyes, there weren’t any houses that actually looked like someone would be there. We walked up to houses that might have people in it and knocked on the door. Each time, I snapped pictures of the houses.

Kayla asked why I was taking pictures, I laughed nervously and said something about wanting to document it or look if it had anything we hadn’t noticed before. We got to this one house that was surrounded by a chicken wire fence, but we took pictures anyway, there were these two creepy masks on the fence that creeped us out and Kayla even pulled out her camera and took some pictures.



We moved onto a trailer that was obviously abandoned but at this point we were looking for anything we could use, or at least ask for directions because we were so deep in this weird part of the neighborhood we couldn’t remember the way we came. There were some cinderblocks that were stacked on top of each other so I stood on them and peered into the trailer, there were a pair of crutches and a wheel chair in a back room. After staring into the room for a long time, I felt a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach and ran to the next house.



We ran to another house that was obviously abandoned, by this time, Kayla was almost in tears, and I was trying to keep a straight face, but I wanted to cry too. This house creeped us out also, it had the door wide open, and even when a big gust of wind hit us, the door stayed perfectly open, I could hear bugs and snakes hissing and clicking, making their normal sounds, but it was amplified by the emptiness of the house. Kayla grabbed my hand as I took pictures, her grip arounds my fingers tightened and I dropped my camera.

Then we heard a voice that still makes me get chills whenever I think of what it could have been, I hear it in my head every single night, even more now since I’ve had to dig up all these pictures and remember it all. I can’t remember what it said, I just remember when Kayla heard it she burst in to tears and ran, her hand still latched onto mine, so I had no choice but to run with her. For a long time we ran, and Kayla was crying. I remembered that I dropped my Camera but Kayla wouldn’t go back, I asked her if I could atleast go,but she said she would never let any of us go back. Ever. Again.

And this is where my half of the story pretty much ends, Kayla and I ran to the golf cart, which was now working fine, and turned on the walkie talkie (which was also working fine) I looked at the time on it and realized it was 1:36 only thirty minutes after we had set out. But it had felt like hours. I tried to show Kayla the time but she refused, she said we were going to drive home and never talk about this. Kayla and I went back to the lakehouse and didn’t talk about it, as soon as we pulled into the driveway, Kayla was all smiles, saying how fun it was, and that the golf cart worked fine, and when they questioned me about where my camera was,
Kayla persisted I hadn’t brought it on this trip. We went to bed early that night, well Kayla did anyway, and with nothing else to do, I fell asleep. When I woke up the next morning my camera was in my hand, I thought maybe Kayla or her parent’s had found it or something , so I turned it on and saw the pictures I had taken, and new ones, these are the ones I found that I was SURE I hadn’t taken.



The last picture is the lake house, it was taken about the time we were eating lunch because when I woke up the next morning, Kayla’s mom had put away the chairs. I don’t remember seeing anyone out there at that time, (and I think I would have, I was staring out the window) but I do remember seeing broken glass and a tooth where in the street.

Shortly after the trip Kayla died, they said she swallowed her tongue after having a seizure. At the funeral I couldn’t bear to see her dead, it was too much for me, and I left early. I went to Kayla’s grave today, it was very nicely put together, and I was going to take a picture but my camera died as soon as I turned it on, I was able to take some pictures of the outside of the funeral home and around some smaller graves. It was a nice spring day, so despite the graves the cherry trees were in bloom and I had a feeling of optimism.

I got to Kayla’s grave and almost had a heart attack at what I saw; they were four items on the grave. One, the teddy bear from the picture that had mysteriously appeared on my camera, two, the larger mask that had been on the chicken wire fence, three, the smaller one with intricate red paintings on the eyes, and four, a note with a picture attached, “Kayla” it said, I turned it over to look at the picture, it was a picture of Kayla, in the hospital after she had died, there were red X’s over her eyes.

I dropped it in horror and burst into tears. Then I heard the voice again, this time its voice rang clear in my head, my mind. My name. The voice made me fall on the ground and pass out from shock.

Then I woke in my house, in the living room on the table it said one word “Lauren” and on the back it had a picture of me, the angle was looking down at me, my eyes were closed and I was sprawled on the ground of the cemetery, my eyes, though closed were X’d out.

BANG BANG BANG.

Someone is at the door. I’ll be right back.

41 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. crazy neighborhood, like to live there =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a pretty poor story, tbh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree, wasn't very suspenseful and it didn't really go anywhere. and it doesn't help that we can't see the pictures except one that is nothing. I was bored, sorry :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well.. I liked it... Kinda creepy how the only picture that worked was the cemetary one? i dunno...

    ReplyDelete
  6. wasn't very well written and didn't creep me out at all. meh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about the pics. Still trying to sort that out. There were so many that using a slideshow thing for all of the images except one (the one that was next to the text instead of between it) was for the best...

    Still can't figure out why it isn't working, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was terribly written, and a shitty story anyway. Made no sense.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it something worth reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best Story Yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Inu

    I thought the pictures not working was supposed to be the creepy part

    ReplyDelete
  12. The imageshack images aren't working :s

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, duh, of course you liked it. You wrote it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This wasnt creepy and boring.
    Bad pasta is Bad
    PD: if you need creepypastas u could always go to creepypasta wiki. just a tip.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Innuah, I emailed you the first part to a zelda story a while ago, why isn't it up yet?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Is the blog dead? Or have there just been no submissions?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wondering the same thing...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've submitted a story about a week ago. Still waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I thought that was good, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  20. more pastas please!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Seriously Innuah way to drop the ball, 1 whole month and nothing new

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm gonna go ahead and consider this place deader than Kayla.

    ReplyDelete
  23. holy hiatus batman. Please give some pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this so much! Following!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Re-upload this with images! Creepy pasta with broken pictures is like spaghetti with no meat = lame!

    ReplyDelete
  26. ...aaand this blog is most likely dead

    ReplyDelete
  27. Somebody make a new blog... we need more community creepypasta blogs like these...

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anyone tried contacting Inunah by MSN?

    ReplyDelete
  29. I tried by E-mail. No reply yet.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Kinda creepy Inunah just... disappeared... 0.0 someone try by MSN Inunah is always on their right?

    ReplyDelete
  31. MAYBE INUNAH WAS ABOUT TO POST A STORY ABOUT CANDLEJACK BUT THEN G

    ReplyDelete
  32. Anons and not-anons....

    I haven't replied or anything because there were so few emails coming in, and I couldn't find anything good enough to post.

    ReplyDelete
  33. MAYBE INUNAH WAS ABOUT TO POST A STORY ABOUT CANDLEJACK BUT THEN G

    ReplyDelete
  34. Use tinypic instead.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Replies
    1. As for any large purchase, the[url=http://www.shop-yishunbike.com/]carbon MTB frame[/url] first step in buying a bicycle is to figure out what kind you are looking for.
      Here are the various types of bicycles—including the racing bike, touring bike, mountain bike, hybrids,
      and tandems. Be sure[url=http://www.shop-yishunbike.com/]26 wheel mountain bike[/url] you understand what each bike offers so you can decide what bike is best for you.
      Do not underestimate the importance of getting ysbike01 the right bike for your needs.
      You're not likely to get excited about riding an ysbike01 uncomfortable bike that can't take you where you want to go.
      A well-chosen bike, though, will make you want to ride.
      Think about what you'd like to do with [url=http://www.shop-yishunbike.com/]bicycle racing wheels[/url]
      the bike. Will it be strictly for exercise and recreation?
      For long-distance touring? For off-road riding? Would you like to get into racing?
      If you are shopping for your first bike and don't know exactly what sort of biking activity you'll enjoy most,
      it's best to get a versatile bike, such [url=http://www.shop-yishunbike.com]carbon wheels[/url]
      as a hybrid, that is suited for a number of different kinds of riding.
      Remember though, while hybrids are good for general use, their middle-of-the-road design means
      they won't be as well-suited for any one purpose as a bike designed specifically for that type of riding.
      For instance, hybrid wheels are apt to warp if subjected to the rigors of the trail.
      For that reason, many riders find mountain bikes even more versatile than hybrids.

      Delete
  36. As for any large purchase, the first step[url=http://www.shop-yishunbike.com]carbon frames[/url]in buying a bicycle is to figure out what kind you are looking for.
    Here are the various types of bicycles—including the racing bike, touring bike, mountain bike, hybrids,
    and tandems. Be sure you understand [url=http://www.shop-yishunbike.com]carbon road bike wheels[/url]what each bike offers so you can decide what bike is best for you.
    Do not underestimate the importance of getting the right bike for your needs.
    You're not likely to get excited about riding ysbike01 an uncomfortable bike that can't take you where you want to go.A well-chosen bike, though, will make you want to ride.
    Think about what you'd like to do with [url=http://www.shop-yishunbike.com]carbon fiber bike wheels[/url]the bike. Will it be strictly for exercise and recreation?
    For long-distance touring? For off-road riding? Would you like to get into racing?
    If you are shopping for your first bike and don't know exactly what sort of biking activity you'll enjoy most,
    it's best to get a versatile bike, [url=http://www.shop-yishunbike.com]carbon wheels[/url]
    such as a hybrid, that is suited for a number of different kinds of riding.
    Remember though, while hybrids are good for general use, their middle-of-the-road design means
    they won't be as well-suited for any one purpose as a bike designed specifically for that type of riding.
    For instance, hybrid wheels are apt to warp if subjected to the rigors of the trail.
    For that reason, many riders find mountain bikes even more versatile than hybrids.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Is one of the most commonbicycle carbon wheelsbicycle repairs. I personally recommend replacing a tube when you get a leak, but that is not always possible. If done properly, a patch will work just fine. Here’s how it’s done.
    Required Tools
    With the wheel removed from your bike, inspect the outer surface of the tire to make sure there are no sharp objects like a thumb-tack or thorn stuck in the tread.
    Remove Tire
    Remove the valve cap and fully deflatecarbon bicycle wheelthe tube by depressing the valve stem with the hooked end of your tire lever. There are two main types of valve stems, a schrader valve and a presta valve. This tutorial is based on a schrader valve, but I will be covering the different valve types in another tutorial.
    Now it’s time to remove your tire, one side at a time. Choose a section of tire that is away from the valve and hook one of the tire levers under the bead, directly in line with one of your spokes. Pry one side of the tire bead over the edge of the rim, and then hook the end of the tire lever to the nearest spoke. Insert another tire lever two spokes away from the first, and a third another two spokes away. Now the middle lever should fall out, and you can continue the process. When the tire is loose enough you can just run a tire lever around the rest of the rim to pull the whole side over.
    After you have removed one side of the tire, the ICAbike01 other side should come off very easily.
    Now remove the tube from the tire, and trycarbon fiber bicycle frameto keep track of where it was positioned in relation to the tire. Inflate the tube to approximately twice its original size. This will expand the hole making it easier to find.
    Listen carefully to the entire circumference of the tube; you should hear a hissing sound that will indicate where the leak is. As a last resort you can submerge the tube in water and watch for bubbles, but you’ll want to avoid doing this as you’ll need the tube to be completely dry in order for the patch glue to work.
    Once you’ve found the leak, take note ofzipp 404whether it is on the inner or outer side of the tube.
    If the hole was on the outer side of the tube, inspect the inner surface of the tire in that spot to make sure the object that caused the puncture is not still stuck in the tire. Double check the entire inner side of the tire by running your fingers along the entire surface, feeling for obstacles along the way.
    If the hole was on the inner side of the tube, inspect your entire rim to make sure there are no sharp burrs in the metal, and that the rim tape is properly protecting t

    ReplyDelete