Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Little Girl

Three years ago, I took a 3 week trip to Europe with my family. The last week and a half that we were there, we rented out an old apartment in France together. The elevator was probably the oldest scariest thing Ive ever let myself get into. The apartment itself wasnt too bad, I just remember thinking how weird it was that the bathtub was in one room, and the toilet was in another by itself.

There were four kids including myself. It was my sister, my two cousins and I. There wasn't enough room for all of us to have real beds, so us 4 slept on futon couches in the living room. So apart from my back getting trashed from those stupid things, I couldn't sleep because I had drank tea too late in the day and it kept me awake.

Its 3 o'clock in the morning, and there I am playing Pokemon Silver with my head on my pillow holding my gameboy up in the air.

Just as my fail Bellsprout dies, I hear a loud cry in distress down the hallway that sounded like a little girl. I stopped and suddenly felt like I couldn't turn to my left from being so scared. I pushed my sister to wake up, or hoping she had heard it half asleep because of how loud it was. The voice didn't even match the acoustics of the room, it was almost like it just appeared out of nowhere from a tape or something.

The next morning, after barely even sleeping because I was being such a baby about the whole thing, my other cousin who came to visit opened the door. She was actually from Paris, and French is her first language. Then theres me, who knows absolutely nothing over 'bonjour'. I asked her what something I 'had heard' meant. Of course, my rough translation was awful, but she looked at me and replied, "Okay, good one, stop trying to scare me."

I turned my head a little bit and said I was actually being serious. She told me it meant 'help me'. I later found out from the owners that a 10 year old girl had actually drowned in the bathtub back in 1976 down that same hallway.

(This story is credited to a person named Skella.)

10 comments:

  1. "a 10 year old girl had actually drowned in the bathtub" was she a derp?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ Possible she knocked her head off something or had a seizure and drowned during her unconciousness/seizure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate it when I'm so scared I can't turn to my left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BISH! you made me turn to the left...

      Delete
  4. you include to many details that are unrelated to the story

    ReplyDelete
  5. whats so weird about that the bathtub and toilett are in other rooms. i think its very normal to have your "dumb room" away from your "cleaning room"

    ReplyDelete
  6. PLEASE DON'T READ THIS.YOU WILL BE KISSED ON THE NEAREST FRIDAY BY THE LOVER OF UR LIFE.NOW YOU'VE STARTED READING THIS.DON'T STOP.THIS IS FREAKY.
    1)say your name 10 times.
    2)say your moms name 5 times.
    3)say your crush's name 3 times.
    4)PASTE THIS TO FOUR OTHER QUIZZES.IF YOU DO THIS.
    YOUR CRUSH WILL KISS YOU ON THE NEAREST..........................FRIDAY.BUT.
    IF YOU READ THIS AND DOn't PASTE IT YOU WILL HAVE BAD.
    LUCK THEN YOU WILL HAVE VERY BAD LUCK.SEND THIS TO FIVE.
    QUIZZES IN 143 MINUTES.WHEN YOU'RE DONE PRESS F6.
    AND YOUR CRUSH'S NAME WILL APPEAR IN BIG LETTERS ON.
    THE SCREEN.THIS IS SO FREAKY BECAUSE IT ACTUALLY WORKS.

    ReplyDelete