Friday, August 20, 2010

Doors

I was adopted. I never knew my real mother; rather, I knew her at one time but I left her side when I was too little to be able to remember. I loved my adopted family though. They were so kind to me. I ate well, I lived in a warm and comfortable house, and I got to stay up pretty late.

Let me tell you about my family real fast: First, there’s my mother. I never called her Mom or anything like that; I just called her by her first name. Janice. She didn’t mind at all though. I called her that for so long, I don’t think she even noticed. Anyhow, she was a very kind woman. I think that she is the one who recommended my adoption in the first place. Sometimes I would lay my head against her in front of the television and she would tickle my back with her nails. She is one of those Hollywood mothers.

Second, there’s Dad. His real name was Richard, but he never really liked me much so I began to refer to him as Dad in a desperate attempt to gain his affection. It didn’t work. I think that no matter what I called him, he would never love me as much as his own child. That’s understandable so I really didn’t press the matter. The most notable attribute of Dad was his unmoving sternness. He was not afraid to pop his children when they did something wrong. I found that out before I could use the restroom properly. He didn’t hesitate to spank me. Well, I’m in line and it’s because of his methods.

Lastly, is my sister. Little Emily was really young when I was adopted, so we were about the same age, but she was slightly older. I liked to think of her as my little sister, though. We got along better than any sibling could possibly get along. We would always stay up late together and just talk. Well, she did a lot of the talking; I mostly just listened because I loved her. It was a great setup that we had! We were short on bedrooms, so- because I didn’t want to sleep in the living room by myself when I was littler- I had a pallet set up for me next to her bed on the floor. This is where I have slept since. But it was cool with me because I enjoyed being with her and I had always felt pretty protective of my little sis.

Everything changed on a horrible Wednesday night. I was at home taking a nap when little Emily opened the front door. The sound of the door opening pulled me to a state of consciousness and I walked from the room down the hall to the living room. That’s when I first remembered it was Wednesday. I was never any good at keeping track of what day it was. Actually I’ll just go ahead and say it: My sense of time was HORRIBLE! But nevertheless, I knew it was Wednesday because Emily had just come home from her Church’s youth group gathering. She walked in the front door and hugged me, and then was followed in by Dad and Janice.

“You have a good nap?” Janice said teasingly as she ruffled up my hair. I just shook my head away and snorted in a manner that clearly expressed that I was teasing back with her.

“Don’t you snort at your mother like that!” said my father gruffly with authority. He shut the door behind him and hung up his coat.
“I was clearly joking…” I growled under my breath. He must not have heard me because I didn’t feel him smack me. Emily then proceeded to our room and I followed. She started telling me about her day. You know… usual teenage girl stuff. But I listened so that she would feel better. After her summary she suggested watching TV and I obliged and jumped onto the couch as she was going for the remote. She rolled her eyes at my little-brother-like immaturity and scooted me over and sat down. The TV turned on and we watched it together until the sun went down. Emily was the kind of girl that- instead of watching cartoons and soap operas- would rather watch Discovery and Animal Planet and Natural Geographic. I like those too so I didn’t mind. Actually, those were the only channels that can hold my attention.

So it got late and Janice walked up behind the sofa. “Emily it’s past your bed time. Turn off the television and go to your room. You too.” she pointed at me. Emily turned off the program we were watching grudgingly and stood up. She started down the hallway to our room. As I followed I couldn’t shake the feeling that something wasn’t right.

We went into our room and Emily turned off the light. Just as she did, I caught a flash of movement out of the corner of my eye. It was out the window, but as soon as I redirected my line of sight to where the window was no longer in my peripheral vision, what it was that I thought I saw was gone. I still remained alert. For my sister’s sake.

I laid there in the darkness with nothing but the thin ray of light from the street lamp outside to illuminate the room. It wasn’t much. Time and time again I could have sworn that I heard subtle sounds just out the window… a twig break, leaves crunching, clothes jostling. And all the while I could smell a faint stench of sweat and blood. I kept my eyes open most of the night.

The sounds outside subsided and the smell left my nose. I began to feel at ease. My eyelids closed.

Not long after that, I heard a very loud crash on the other side of the house. I was up in an instant. “THERE’S SOMEONE IN THE HOUSE!” I barked with extreme adrenaline coursing through me. “Wake up!” I shrilly pleaded with Emily. She did, and as soon as I saw her sit up I ran to my parent’s room…

Dad was dead. His neck was splayed open and gaping as blood spilled out of it, off the bed, and onto the floor. I saw that the master bathroom’s door was closed and just before it- on the outside- was a man.

A man… I don’t feel comfortable calling it that.

He was very large and rugged. He turned around and saw me and that’s when I saw him accurately for the first time. I wont forget it. His eyes were large and beady and trapped with lust. He was styling a beard that was badly unkempt with blood dripping off. His clothes were dirty and his face was cold. Just then I noticed the same horrid smell of sweat and blood from earlier, but this time it was overwhelming.

He saw me. He saw me and grinned with a set of crooked yellow teeth. That smile threw me off. I thought that I was going to die, but then he turned back to the bathroom door completely unperturbed by my presence. I was terrified and didn’t no what to do. I just yelled and cried. I watched as he shouldered through door that was Mom’s only protection. I watched as he raised the large razor that he was carrying, but had obviously neglected to use properly. I watched as he sliced her open and tore her to shreds…

I then heard something; the last thing that I wanted to hear… It was Emily’s scream coming from behind me. The large monstrosity looked up from my butchered mother and stared at my little sister. I was distraught. He stood up and quickly started walking toward us. My sis turned and ran, and I was at a loss when he bypassed me and went straight after her. Why was she still in the house? Had she not assessed the situation and run? Apparently not, and now she was dead and I was alone.

I ran after them both. I expected the man to kill her as he had the rest of my family, but I was sadly mistaken. He grabbed her by the arm and jerked her as a way to make clear that he was in control. He dragged her through the house… I was making all of the noise I could now, hoping and praying that someone would come to my aid. He mustn’t take her. Not her.

As he passed me I backed against the wall and whimpered with terror, “Why?” He didn’t respond except by putting his free hand on my head while Emily screamed in the other and saying “Good boy.” He gave another crooked grin and a very cold, unnatural laugh. I followed him to the door where he dragged my helpless sister after him. He opened it, pulled her out, and slammed it shut behind him.

I am now sitting in the house with my mutilated adopted parents, shivering and whimpering with dismay. He’s out there with her. Doing who-knows-what to her, and I can’t do anything. I would if I could, but I can’t. I would chase after them in a heartbeat, but I can’t. I sit here, looking at the front door. I look down at my paws. If only I could open doors…

35 comments:

  1. Wow. Awesome. Tasty pasta is tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fucking shat brix. Awesome story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sucks. Knew it was a dog during the fourth paragraph and hoped there was more to it, there wasn't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WAIT IT WAS A DOG!?!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. damn, that was the last thing I expected.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was pretty bad ass, but I figured it was a dog really early on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know why, but as soon as I read that last line, I started to cry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. epic, but really easy to figure out

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard this one before, in different phrasing... they phrased it better. This one was obvious =P

    ReplyDelete
  10. M. NIGHT SHAYMALAN RIGHT THER, SUR.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bullshit I say! Any dog wouldn`t sit there, the would tare hi to shreds (especially a large dog, which this one is hinted at being) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Spazzy! Great Work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Meh figured it out instantly :/ shit story was shit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. No I LOVED IT!!!! I didn't even know it was a dog until reading the comments! Loved, loved, loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a softie. It made me cry. T.T Excellent work, even if I am posting like...a monthish after the posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. >I'm a softie.

      There're pills for that y'know. Nigger-ass faggot.

      Delete
  16. Fucking miracles... One of the best ever. I think I shed a tear with the last line... O_O

    ReplyDelete
  17. This was amazing. I got all teary at the end. :')
    But I didn't realize it was a dog. I thought it was a cat. x)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fucking awesome story man. I figured out that he was a dog the second to last paragraph but it's still awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm in tears ='( I would never guess it was a dog, but when I got it, it just made me cry more T_T Awesome pasta, I loved it. I would like a movie about it, but a huge one and that the dog finds Emily in the end and both escape and kill him! Thorn him apart! That fuckin piece of a shit murderer T_T

    ReplyDelete
  20. To the people who said they got it right away:

    Bullshit. I'm in the Mindfuck section and STILL didn't see it.

    That being said: Holy. Shit. There were so many subtle hints! As I read it over, I can see it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow i didnt get htat the main character was a dog till i read it looking fir clues

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome, wait... WHY iS THERE A BRICK WALL BEHIND ME!!!!???

    ReplyDelete
  23. lol. I was wondering why he would've been allowed to sleep in his sister's room, and regarded his sister as "little" despite her being older than him. Guess they didn't actually decide to go the "casually imply that a kid wants to fuck his sister" route after all.

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW amazing! Took me until the final line to figure out the dog meaning, but then...O.O

    ReplyDelete
  25. I couldn't take it seriously because the name Janice reminds me of Janice from Friends and all I can think of is "Oh.My.God Chandler Bing"

    ReplyDelete
  26. I must be retarded because I didn't get it until the end.
    Still, excellent story.

    ReplyDelete
  27. IF YOU CAN TYPE, YOU CAN OPEN A DOOR DOG.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I liked it alright....but I feel there shouldda been two big changes:

    1. Have the main character NOT turn out to be a dog.

    2. Some rewording is in order. From the fifth paragraph:

    "Everything changed on an AWESOME Wednesday night, several years later. I was now 17 and Emily was a few weeks from being 18. When Emily and I went to our room for the night, she sat on the bed telling some typical high school shit, but I listened because I loved her...and because I was sitting on the floor, I was totally trying to catch a glimpse up her short skirt at her pretty pink panties. I finally did...but she caught me. She giggled and then asked me to sit next to her. She knew I wanted her because she would always hear me jacking off and moaning her name. She told me to take off my pants while she took off her skirt. We were both in our underwear. She sat in my lap, so my throbbing engorged peter was pushing in between her beautiful butt cheeks. She grinded her butt up and down my shaft, faster and faster until I exploded. After I recovered, we totally did it normally, guys. Then she got pregnant. I looked down at my peepee.

    If only I used a condom."

    I think that would enhance the story...but it's only my opinion, I liked this story as it was.

    ReplyDelete
  29. WHAT!!!! it was a dog i didn't know that

    ReplyDelete
  30. good story bro
    it really surprised me at the end i didn't know it was a dog i thought it was a human, and the end answered the question i had and that question just so happened to be why doesn't he go to church with them? but it was really good and i give it an 9.5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "and the end answered the question i had and that question just so happened to be why doesn't he go to church with them?"

      "why doesn't he go to church with them?"

      ....gtfo

      Delete
  31. Yeah, It's a dog, but there were still humans being shredded! What?!?!? Explain it to me! Why does everyone ignore that part?

    ReplyDelete