Monday, November 1, 2010

Drips 'n Needles


About two weeks ago, I decided that I wanted some Styrofoam heads to hold a couple of my hats. I was only able to buy two at the time, so I took them home and set them up on my shelf with my fedoras on them...but they just looked too bland, too boring. I decided that they needed to be artsed up a little bit


I decorated the one with the ping pong ball eyes first. I named him Pins n Needles due to the pins sticking out of his lips. I made it so his eyes are able to move when I want them to; I just roll the eyes in certain directions to make him look like he was looking that way. A few nights after I made pins, I decided to decorate the other one. I named him Drips due to the dye that is pouring out of his mouth and eyes.



I first noticed something was amiss when I woke up one morning. The heads are usually on a shelf across from my bed and above my door, but I saw that Pins was now sitting on my desk. His eyes were looking directly at me. As I remembered, I hadn't changed their position since I put them in. They were both pointed left, but now they were looking straight.

It struck me as a little bit odd, but I figured that it must have fallen off in the night and I picked it up without remembering it. That still doesn't explain the eyes moving, though. I tried to push it out of my head as I put Pins back on his shelf with Drips.


After that, nothing happened for a few days and I had almost forgotten about it entirely. Then, one night, I woke up in the middle of the night and Drips was out of place. He was sitting on my night stand right next to my bed. I shat brix. I know that I didn't put him there, and I live alone so nobody else could have either. I hit him off my night stand and threw a blanket over him and tried to go back to sleep. The next morning, the cover was off of him and he was sitting upright.

By now, I was thoroughly freaked out by the heads. I didn't like them any more, but I told myself that I was being irrational and scared for no reason. I picked Drips up off the floor and sat him back up on the shelf with his horrific companion. When I got back from work later that day, I took the fedoras off the heads and tossed both heads in a corner of my garage. I was finally able to sleep peacefully for a night or two.

Both of the heads were stuffed in a corner of my garage, but two nights ago I woke up to see that they were both back on their shelf AND wearing their fedoras. I freaked out and went downstairs to sleep on my couch. There is no way in hell that was possible. Now I'm convinced I'm losing my sanity. Inanimate objects can't do this...can they?

When I woke up this morning, both of the heads were sitting in the middle of the room. Pins' eyes were facing upwards towards me. I tore off the hats and threw them in the garage again. I don't know why I didn't just throw them away, but I know that I should have. They're scaring me, and I think they're moving around more frequently. I'm not going to sleep tonight. I can't stand one more night of these heads watching me. I'll keep you guys updated if anything more happens with these.

(The point in having the picture of Drips on a separate file-hosting server is because imageshack.us thought that the 4kb .jpg image file had no image to upload. o.o Then it took me 3 tries before I got the other two images uploaded. Even the IMAGES are haunted. ._. )

14 comments:

  1. I was in that thread, amazingly the op set up a video chat, and at 2:21 am drips actually moved over to the camera and it goes dark, i believe there were two others with the actual video of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would looveee to see that video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have the video, but if anyone DOES... Could they upload it to Youtube so I can embed it into this post? It's for the benefit of those who didn't see the cool stuff that happened.

    Hell, I didn't see all the cool stuff, and I was there. :\ At the wrong time, I suppose.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was there as well. both of them moved. drips moved like crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like David Firth's style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool artwork with the decorating, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative and unique :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. when something made of styrafoam is haunted, its time to flee the country

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would LOVE to see the video of this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. freakin sweet!! nice man

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy shit, these guys have a Facebook page about them too! Damn! How in depth does this story go? There's the pasta, the videos, and the Facebook page. Christ!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Drips-N-Needes/167487136600862?sk=wall

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want the video but cant find it >.<

    ReplyDelete
  13. The last video he uploaded was when the camera was suddenly turned upside down and the camera focused then on him as he said: "Help...Me"

    Scary as shit.

    ReplyDelete