Monday, August 30, 2010

CAN'T COME DOWN

Well the reason I ask is that I had this really weird experience with those numbers before, as well as a similar phrase: "I CAN'T COME DOWN." I warn you now, though, it's pretty fucking strange, and if you don't believe me, that's cool. Hell, I wouldn't believe me either. I'd rather have someone who can help me find out what the message and numbers mean than someone who believes what must come across as lunatic ravings. Anyway, I'll tell you the full story.

Basically, about two week sago, I found out about Number Stations - it was on an /x/ board called Datachan - I've tried Googling it, but it doesn't seem to exist. I know that makes it sound like i made it up, but I swear that's where I saw it. Anyway, it was a thread about unsolved mysteries, and some anon linked to a Wikipedia page about numbers stations (basically, they're radio station that transmit long series of numbers). So, I checked it out, and I thought it was pretty cool. I found out about this thing called the Conet Project, which is basically samplings of number stations being recorded, so I downloaded that and listed to it a bit, and thought it was pretty freaky. I did a bit more digging and found out that, low and behold, there's even a numbers station in my state. I was pretty hyped, and it wasn't too far from where I live, so, I thought, fuck it, I'll swing around there and see if I can pick up anything.

I drove out along the interstate and turned on the radio in my car to the frequency that the site suggested (I don't remember what it was, though). After a while, I started getting weird blips, and then as I drove further east, I got a voice. At first, it was slow and steady just like the people reading out the lists of numbers in the Conet Project, but after a long string of numbers, the voice seemed to be shouting something. The numbers began to get clearer, but the voice couldn't ever be made out; it was something like "CAN'T COME DOWN, I CAN'T COME DOWN." Obviously, I was a bit freaked, because that sounds like a distress signal, and I have no idea where the station is, or even if some guy's transmitting it; it might just be part of the recorded broadcast that I misheard.

After a couple minutes of listening to it, I decide to head back home. I turn off the radio and, suddenly, foom; my engine cuts out. I freak out and turn the ignition key as well as slam the breaks and hit god knows what on the wheel, and the engine revs back up again; because I'd hit the breaks, I slammed into the wheel and got a huge fuckoff bruise to show for it. At this point, I'm really freaked out, so I just take a deep breath, get back in control of the car, turn around, and head home. Nothing else happens on the way back.

By the time I get home, it's pretty late (probably about 11 PM). I pull into the driveway, stop the car, and cut the engine. I didn't get out of the car immediately. I don't know why. I sit there, staring at the garage door for a while,and I can feel the hair on my arms and the back of my neck beginning to tingle. I leap out of my seat as the radio blasts on.

It's a burst of white noise to begin with, then the voice comes through, slightly distorted while it says the numbers "715520, 715520" a couple of times in that calm, stable voice. The screaming starts again, "CAN'T COME DOWN, I CAN'T COME DOWN," before dying out completely.

At this point, I don't want any more weird shit to happen, so I get the fuck out of the car and into my house.

I get into my house and I'm really freaked out, like you might imagine. Honestly, the thought crosses my mind that I should get online and tell /x/ about it, but for some reason I get this weird sense; like, the longer I stay away, the more danger I'm in. I can't explain it. It's, like, I had all that weird shit happen to me and if I'm asleep, nothing else will happen. Fuck, even writing this out makes me feel terrified, in case it happens again. Fucking Christ, I don't want to keep going on in case talking about it makes it happen again. I really can't stand any more of it, and if this makes it worse, I don't know what I'm going to do.

Okay...right. So, I got out of my car and back into my house. I'm terrified and I keep telling myself, "Look...you're scared and you're going to freak out at the tiniest creak in the floorboards and think it's someone coming for you. Just calm down. It's over." I make a point of turning on all the lights in the house as I go along. I make my way to the bathroom and get a packet of Sonata. I'm not taking any chances tonight, and I take the sleep meds and get into bed. I keep all the lights on, including the one in my bedroom. I fall asleep eventually.

I wake up during the night and, instantly, I panic. I don't know why I'm panicking. I just know there's something really wrong with my surrounds. I can't tell exactly what, because I have to wait for my eyes to adjust to the dark. I sit up in bed and it fucking hits me. I'm sitting in the dark. I went to sleep with all of the lights on.

I sit there in the dark, staring at god-knows-what; I can't see anything because my eyes haven't adjusted to the darkness yet. Helpless and night-blind, I sit there in my bed, feeling the cold air tickling my skin, staring out to all corners of the room I can't see, analyzing and assessing every shadowy patch in case it might be the silhouette of somebody in my room. I notice one set of shadows don't seem to get lighter, with a large, dark patch in the center...my eyes begin to adjust. I notice the set of shadows are words. I notice the large dark patch in the center is that of a face staring back at me in the dark. It's inches away.

I pull back in shock and hit the back of my head on the wall, making me wince. When I look back, the face is gone. I assume I've been given some divine opportunity and run to the bedroom door, slam it shut, and turn on the light. I make a full investigation of the room just to make sure no one's there, including under the bed. I know it's really fucking childish, but after seeing a face staring back at me in the middle of the night, I'm not going to risk anything. I sit back down on my bed and go over everything in my head.

First of all, I realize that there was something wrong with the face, but the shock of seeing it didn't allow me to figure out what it was until I'd calmed down. It was upside down, and if I remember the way the shadows looked it must have been part of a man hanging suspended from the ceiling. I look up, obviously; there's no marks on the ceiling, and there's no way that my lamp would hold the weight of a full-grown man. Secondly, I remember something else; there was something on the walls behind the face that dre my attention that look like writing. It couldn't make it out, but I'm almost certain one word was "DOWN," so I think it was the "I CAN'T COME DOWN" message again...but there's no trace of paint or anything on the wall.

I can't sleep for the rest of the night. Over the next few days, I only sleep in snatches during sunlight after work and I stay up the whole night, paranoid that if I fall asleep when it's dark, I'll see it all again. Because I'm so on edge, I start to notice something...I'm seeing those fucking numbers over and over. 715520. I'm so scared of seeing them that I start taking precautions just in case they make everything happen again. I won't go into that just now.

I go digging about trying to find out more about the station. After awhile, I come across another website about it. As it turns out, the station I tuned into wasn't even a real numbers station in the first place; apparently it's something to do with the frequency of the transmission, and numbers stations all use short-wave broadcasts, which you can hear from anywhere in the world, but the one I went to needed you to be near it in order to pick it up - plus, you can't tune into the channel using your car radio...so I have no fucking clue about what that place is, or the broadcast they sent out.

So, in summary, I have no idea about anything that went on. I can't sleep at night anymore; the site I learned this from doesn't exist, I'm seeing repeated numbers over and over, and I'm terrified that by telling you guys all this that it might happen the next time I fall asleep at night. Hell, I don't even know if it was just a one-time occurrence, but I don't want to take that chance. Movie logic suggests that if I just find out the mystery, I can make sure it doesn't happen again, and this only ever happens in movies, so that's what I'm trying to do.

That's my experience with the numbers and the message. If you can help in any way, I'd appreciate it so much.

Actually, I thought of a little bit more info to add:
The next day, still on edge, I conclude that leaving the house for a while might cure me a little, as I spend most of my time inside. A man dressed in all black approached me after I left, though. There's something ominous about this guy; he tells me, "Call me if you need any help." I was confused, so I could only reply with, "What?" He handed me a card with what I assume to be his number on it. I read the card, and it said...

Name: The King
Number: 715520

55 comments:

  1. ... This was excellent. Is there some sort of hidden message to do with "The King"? Something happened to him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. GHIUJKLL 9167745 THE KING COME DOWN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good story, but I'm confused. Isn't a phone number 7 digits?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Normally, but this isn't normal now is it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hbfgregerbeb 54763568756875 THE KING COME DOWN

    ReplyDelete
  6. you mock. we ga01`27294311`````````````ther

    ReplyDelete
  7. the ending ruined it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...iiiiiiii dont get it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. rfhghgwrughh 4565689769587654986764987 THE KING COME DOWN

    ReplyDelete
  10. rfhghggshfdhdedewrughh 45656897695474574587654986764987 THE KING COME DOWN

    ReplyDelete
  11. djsiudfjsifjdojifsd 23920492 THE KING COME DOWN

    ReplyDelete
  12. O.o... I think it's a reference to something but i'm not sure... could someone clarify.

    ReplyDelete
  13. lkoisadmvla 280938629 THE KING COME DOWN

    ReplyDelete
  14. GiQTSffn 214933478556 THE KING COME DOWN

    ReplyDelete
  15. dfkighnjdl 67960238 THE KING COME DOWN

    ReplyDelete
  16. asdjfimnbsrt 5652054 THE KING COME DOWN

    ReplyDelete
  17. Also, good history. For those who don't understood, search for a history called 'The king come down', here on Inu's Creepy Stuff. It's on this same month. See ya.

    ReplyDelete
  18. HOLY SHIT!

    DUKE NUKEM!

    ReplyDelete
  19. DSAJKFLSJDGKFLDJSGL 133833 THE KING COME DOWN

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lol (Guy above^ this guy) That's one of the things I thought. Though I also thought at the end..... ??? FBI???

    ReplyDelete
  21. SDFDSKJFSDLJ 1342572930 THE KING COME DOWN

    ReplyDelete
  22. jgfjhwghjwgwe 74826736423 THE KING COME DOWN

    ReplyDelete
  23. kdgsjadfh 12847634 THE KING COME DOWN

    ReplyDelete
  24. i thought the site was in us creepy stuff you could see that right not inu`s creepy stuff

    ReplyDelete
  25. We all know about the king come down.... it's no

    ReplyDelete
  26. VFHGBFTYUJBVFHB 38568912345098 THE KING COME DOWN

    ReplyDelete
  27. All these random numbers... Black ops reference much?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ackshually, number stations are a real thing and have been around long before Black Ops... So no.

      Delete
    2. I once took a wet shit, looked into the bowl, and bam--Black Ops reference.

      Delete
  28. THEY WILL TONIGHT IN ALL HIS HOLY THE SKY WILL OPEN FOR US EURIRQUGNDVVVVV 4639902972111 THE KING COME DOWN

    ReplyDelete
  29. THEY CAN OPEN THE UNIVERSE AND LET US DANCE AMONG THE COSMOS
    EYYSIOPD 429102847 THE KING COME DOWN

    ReplyDelete
  30. rrhfftlbkk 4565689769587654986764987 THE KING COME DOWN

    ReplyDelete
  31. fstacloc 355674332561 THE KING COME DOWN

    ReplyDelete
  32. ...I wonder if the man in all black was wondering what was for dinner later...

    ReplyDelete
  33. Jjsoppghst 28846733 THE KING COME DOWN

    ReplyDelete
  34. 67t8t89t89t THE king come down

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eh43oi8yqt4y THIS come down: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUZki1FnJCI

      Delete
  35. The part where he woke up and couldn't figure out what was off really got me. His eyes had to adjust to the dark. I felt like i realized the lights were off just as he did and it made me feel like i was there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember that happening...although I did feel like I was there myself during the part where Rarity ate out Fluttershy because I myself was eating out a horse with glued-on wings AT THE SAME TIME!! OMG!!!!

      Delete
  36. 8675309 THE JENNY COME DOWN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THE NIGGER SHUT UP

      I know there were supposed to be numbers preceding that, but the same nigger stole them. And raped the "9."

      Delete
  37. KAHFUZ 729013 THE KING COME DOWN

    ReplyDelete
  38. 12894039 THE KING COME DOWN

    ReplyDelete
  39. 93473837465734 THE KING COME DOWN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The king: Why? I like it up here, it's nice!
      Wait a minute........ 715520 I CANT COME DOWN!...........

      Delete
  40. YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF THICK NIGGER McMUFFINS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I can't eve.... 51285251256726320 THE KING COME DOWN

    ReplyDelete
  42. Maybe he's got something that could send such things through frequency and he's been fucking with you for fun

    ReplyDelete
  43. 5128525125634526320 THE KING COME DOWN

    ReplyDelete
  44. lol dont think im a guy cuz im a girl but anyway,maybe i can stay with you for a while?

    ReplyDelete
  45. HEY, IF YOU WERE ASLEEP, YOU EYES WOULDN'T NEED TO ADJUST TO THE DARKNESS WHEN YOU WOKE UP. SLEEPING INVOLVES CLOSED EYES, AND CLOSED EYES INVOLVE DARKNESS. IDIOTS.

    ReplyDelete